(18.5-20.5.2018) Topic: “Do you really know your fretboard”?
14. Resoland workshop was held in the middle of May, during a beautiful weekend.
Although one of our workshops started a similar topic a few years ago, I decided we can take it as a form of repetition, and I believe that there is still room for improvement in this field.
At the lessons, we dealt with these particular things:
- the essence of “open G major” tuning and how it works on the Dobro
- the basic G Major Scale (horizontally and vertically on the fretboard)
- diatonic scale chords (triads), the patterns on different strings and in different positions
- four note major and minor, half diminished chords
- relations between diatonic scale chords
- exercises and patterns
Maybe this time there was not as much playing as on the previous workshops and there was lots of music theory stuff, but I really believe, that with this basic knowledge, it moves my students much further in their musical journey to a better understanding, expressing and more joy from music.